• On Monday, the Indians signed Scott Barnes, Ezequiel Carrera, Juan Diaz, Yan Gomes, Nick Hagadone, Frank Herrmann, David Huff, Jason Kipnis, Chen-Chang Lee, Mike McDade, Cord Phelps and Josh Tomlin to one-year contracts. Cleveland renewed the contracts of Carlos Carrasco and Vinnie Pestano for the 2013 season.
• With Venezuela ousted from the World Baseball Classic, Indians shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera will be arriving back in Arizona on Monday night, according to Tribe manager Terry Francona. Cabrera will be back in camp with Cleveland on Wednesday, following Tuesday's team off-day.
• Francona indicated that Indians closer Chris Perez (right shoulder strain) felt fine on Monday, one day after resuming a throwing program. Perez played catch up to a distance of 60 feet on Sunday. His next step will likely include playing catch up to 75 feet within the next couple of days.
• With a need for innings to accommodate the many pitchers still in camp competing for jobs, the Indians have scheduled a "B" game against the Mariners on Thursday at the Tribe's Goodyear, Ariz., complex. Pitchers slated to appear include Corey Kluber, Cody Allen, Rich Hill, Matt Capps and Jerry Gil.
• Francona said that designated hitter Mark Reynolds, who has not played in a game since March 6 due to back stiffness, might be cleared to return to game action by Thursday. Reynolds will likely take batting practice with the team on Wednesday.
• Indians Opening Day starter Justin Masterson logged five innings (two hits, no runs, no walks and four strikeouts) in a "B" game against the Angels on Monday morning. Relievers Allen (one inning, three strikeouts) and Capps (one inning, one strikeout) also pitched.
Jordan Bastian is a reporter for MLB.com. Read his blog, Major League Bastian, and follow him on Twitter @MLBastian. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.