Cleveland Indians legend Len Barker, the team's last pitcher to throw a perfect game, will test the hitting prowess of Tribe fans on August 16th at Progressive Field in the team's annual Big League BP event.
All Big League BP participants receive the following:
- BP under the lights at Progressive Field, thrown by Len Barker
- Meet and greet with Barker, plus an autographed baseball
- Exclusive parking in the Players Lot
- Name on the scoreboard
- Special dinner on the warning track behind home plate
- Souvenir T-shirt
Barker threw a perfect game on May 15, 1981, against the Toronto Blue Jays at Cleveland Municipal Stadium. He threw 103 pitches, 84 for strikes, and now serves as an Indians alumni ambassador. Tickets for Big League BP are $135 and can be purchased at Indians.com/SpecialEvents.
Big League BP is just one of many unique experiences in which Tribe fans can participate at Progressive Field. Others include:
- "Progressive" Dinner, Aug. 3: The event features a four-course meal with a stop at four unique spots in the park, along with beverage pairings and a stadium tour.
- Dinner on the Diamond, Sept. 13: Hors d'oeuvres and cocktails in the dugout and dinner service on the warning track of Progressive Field. Plus, complimentary parking in the Players lot and plenty more.
- Indians One Day Baseball Experience, Sept. 14: Play two games on Progressive Field while interacting with Indians alumni. In addition to two games, the package includes a complete uniform, lunch, free parking, a scoreboard mention, commemorative T-shirt and team photo.
Find more information on each at Indians.com/SpecialEvents.