Cleveland, OH - The Cleveland Indians will begin the home portion of their 2014 campaign on Friday, April 4, against the Minnesota Twins as part of a month that features 14 games against American League Central rivals.
Cleveland will open the season on the road on Monday, March 31, in Oakland, with a three-game series against the A's. After an off day on Thursday, April 3, the Tribe returns home for three-game series against the Twins and San Diego Padres.
In addition to San Diego, other home 2014 Interleague opponents include Cincinnati, Colorado and Arizona, while the Indians will visit Cincinnati, San Francisco, Los Angeles Dodgers and Arizona from the National League.
Other 2014 schedule highlights include:
- The Indians will play at Progressive Field on six weekends from June-August: vs. Detroit (June 20-22), Kansas City (July 4-6), Chicago White Sox (July 11-13), Texas (August 1-3), Baltimore (August 15-17) and Houston (August 22-24).
- Monthly home/road breakdown:
- March/April (13 home/16 road)
- May (15 home/13 road)
- June (11 home/16 road)
- July (13 home/12 road)
- August (13 home/14 road)
- September (16 home/10 road)
- The Tribe's longest homestand is July 4-13 (vs. Kansas City, New York Yankees and Chicago White Sox)
- The team has three 10-game road trips:
- June 6-15 (at Texas, Kansas City and Boston)
- July 18-27 (at Detroit, Minnesota and Kansas City)
- September 12-21 (at Detroit, Houston and Minnesota)
Season Tickets are on sale now, and provide the biggest savings for Tribe fans; in 2013, Season Ticket Holders saved up to 40% over Single-Game buyers at Progressive Field. Call 216-420-HITS to place a deposit on a 2014 Season Ticket package today!
Broadcast details and road game times will be announced at a later date.
2014 REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE