The State of Ohio is holding a gubernatorial election in 2014, and so are the Cleveland Indians.
The club announced Monday that it is looking for a full-time Governor of "Brohio," the Nick Swisher-spawned section of Progressive Field (Section 117) that also went viral on social media throughout the summer months and the drive for the Postseason.
Fans will submit videos at Indians.com/Brohio detailing why their fellow fans should consider them for the Governor role. Then, at least three finalists will campaign in an interactive event on the KeyBank main stage at Tribe Fest during the 4-8pm session on Saturday, January 25, where they'll be asked questions by Indians personalities, including Swisher.
Those finalists then will be placed into a fan vote on Indians.com, with that fan vote counting for 50% of the total vote. The other half of the total vote will be cast by Swisher himself.
As the election's official rules state, finalists will be chosen based on four factors:
- "Bro-hio-ness": Do they exemplify the core values of Bro-ness?
- Indians passion/pride/knowledge
- Creativity: What will they bring to the Brohio Governor's office that will help Brohio thrive and grow?
- Leadership: how will they rally others to not only participate in Brohio and Bro-ness, but do so with passion and energy?
The eventual Governor winner, who must be 18 years of age, will receive an ultimate Tribe fan prize: A ticket to each Friday and Saturday home game at Progressive Field this season, in Brohio, Section 117. The winner also must:
- Proactively engage and interact with bros in Brohio and throughout the ballpark
- Have full knowledge of all Brohio happenings; stay in contact with Indians representatives
- Lead Brohio cheers, encourage fans to rock their Brohio tee, create unique Brohio signage, etc.
- Project a positive, Swishalicious attitude at all times
- Additional related duties as determined by Brohio team
For more information on the contest, visit Indians.com/Brohio. The contest submission period ends Wednesday, January 15 at 8PM ET.